- This event has passed.
Bioinformatics Tools for NGS
November 3, 2016 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Join us Wednesday, November 3 from 12 – 1 p.m. in Room 451 to learn about Qiagen’s new instruments. The event, hosted by ICBR’s NextGen DNA Sequencing Core, will be split into two talks:
Innovative NGS Solutions for Liquid Biopsy and Single-Cell Research
- A minimally invasive method of testing for biomarkers of cancer and other diseases, the liquid biopsy can sidestep costly and stressful surgical procedures. All that you require are blood samples and sensitive and specific solutions to detect and analyze circulating cell-free DNA (cfDNA), exosomes and circulating tumor cells (CTCs). Challenges and solutions will be discussed.
- Want to discover what’s really going on inside a single cell? Now you can! Learn how to isolate single cells from a sample, and prepare NGS libraries ready for your sequencer, in one day!
Gaining insights into the meaning of biological information (RNAseqsolution)
Data analysis using intuitive prebuilt pipelines in CLC Biomedical Workbench for your RNA-seq and DNA-seq data that allows you to quickly go from reads to DEG or variants.
Biologically interpret the gene (including RNAseq), protein and metabolic expression data, using Ingenuity Pathway Analysis. IPA can help you rapidly understand:
- Pathway involvement and change
- Effected biological processes
- Causal regulators and their directional effect on genes, functions and diseases across multiple time points or doses.
You will also learn to explore IPA’s knowledge and discovery tools that allow you to relate the most recent literature findings to your research.
Lunch will be provided!