- This event has passed.
Seminar: Exploring digital PCR
October 22, 2015 @ 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Karen Hiza
Digital PCR extends the performance of existing TaqMan® Assays, enabling applications that benefit from higher sensitivity, precision, or absolute quantification. This seminar will explore dPCR and the following applications:
- Rare mutation detection (otherwise known as looking for a needle in a haystack such as in cancer samples)
- Virus & bacteria quantification and detection (getting an absolute count of pathogens detected)
- Genetically modified organism detection (detecting a GMO seed where in places it shouldn’t be)
- Next generation sequencing workflow optimization (accurately quantifying NGS libraries and validating sequencing results)
- Reference standard quantification (developing a reference for your real‐time experiment when it doesn’t exist)
Registration is closed.
Refreshments will be provided to attendees.