- This event has passed.
Illumina Sequencincg Applications Teaching Series: Metagenomics (Topic 1 of 4)
November 29, 2018 @ 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Once a quarter, Illumina will give both a fundamental talk on NGS as well as an application specific talk. These two seminar back to back geared for the novice and also those interested in a specific application.
11:30 – 12:15pm
NextGen 101 : The Basics and Best Practices
Come and build a foundation for Next Generation Sequencing techniques.
- What questions does NGS address?
- Basic terminology and concepts for NGS
- Best practices and workflow concepts
- Why use a local core facility
12:15pm – 1:00pm
“Sequencing Approaches For Metagenomics”
Learn about the latest methods for bacterial whole genome sequencing and microbiome studies.
- Side by side comparison between 16S and multi-kingdom shotgun metagenomics
- New methods in metagenomics for complete metagenomic profiling of bacteria, archaea, fungi, viruses and protists.
*Lunch provided with RSVP