- This event has passed.
Lunch and Learn with Thermo Fisher and ABI
May 30 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Join ICBR Gene Expression and Applied Biosystems for a lunch and learn in CGRC 133.
Gene expression analysis is often limited by the amount of RNA that can be extracted from the tissues or cells being studied. As more researchers turn to archived tissue samples such as formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded(FFPE) tissues, laser-capture microdissection (LCM), and needle biopsies, sample size becomes a limiting factor in experimental design. Here we introduce to you, various solutions to stretch your precious samples into more gene expression targets and experiments.
- PreAmplification: TaqMan Pre-AMP Master Mix amplifies with no bias and provides extremely high correlation between amplified and unamplified cDNA. Stretch as little as 1 ng of cDNA for analyzing up to 100 gene expression targets using TaqMan Gene Expression assays with minimal hands-on time.
- Multiplexing: Multiplex qPCR is a simple, efficient, andcost effective solution for overcoming the challenges of limited samples. Successful multiplex qPCR enables you to perform up to a 4-plex reaction for gene expression using TaqMan Gene Expression assays, and making it possible for you to use less samples in each experiment.
- miRNA profiling: TaqMan Advanced miRNA assays andmiRNA cDNA Synthesis kit enable highly sensitive and specific quantification of mature miRNAs for analysis of multiple miRNA targets from a single sample or low-level RNA samples such as serum and plasma.
- Array Cards: TaqMan Array Cards are preloaded with dried down TaqMan Gene Expression assays ready for 1 to 8 samples to be run in parallelagainst 12 to 384 gene expression targets. TaqMan Array Cards allow you conduct medium-high throughput experiments with reduced sample and reagent consumption.
- qPCR platform: Applied Biosystems QuantStudio family of real-time PCR instruments provides the best fit to your research requirements.
Whether you are looking for versatility on a budget, reliable results from limited samples, or your research requires high throughput for maximum productivity
Registration is Closed.