- This event has passed.
Seminar: Partner with ICBR – Instrumentation Acquisitions
September 18, 2014 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Interested in Partnering with ICBR for New Instrumentation?
ICBR can work with you to obtain new instrumentation and equipment through grant writing and collaborations. Please join us for a seminar designed to answer your questions about this process. ICBR director, Dr. Robert Ferl, will answer questions regarding the process and how ICBR can assist researchers.
How ICBR can help:
- Preparing grant sections (introduction, rationale, support plan, facilities description, environment, etc.)
- Letters of support
- Administrative oversight, managing cost recovery, advisory structure, and advertising
- Critiquing and editing management plans
- Forming department collaborations for internal investments
Instruments obtained through ICBR partnerships include:
- Pacific Biosciences, Inc. PacBio® RS II System
- Union Biometrica BioSorter® Pro (worm sorter)
- Mass Spectrometers
- AB SCIEX QTOF Elite MS/MS (acquired in 2010)
- Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap Fusion™ (currently pending)
Lunch will be provided to attendees.
This seminar is primarily geared toward faculty and staff currently writing grants or seeking funding for instrumentation.