- This event has passed.
Seminar Series on Platforms: Applied Biosystems
May 9, 2012 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Exploring the Next Generation of Real Time PCR
Speaker: Jonathan Fisher, Technical Sales Specialist, Next GenQPCR Systems and Applications
- You could profile ~750MicroRNA’s in 48 samples in one 8 hour day?
- You could perform High-Throughput Genotyping for less than 8 cents per Genotype?
- You could distinguish between 5 and 6 copies of a gene via Digital PCR?
- You could perform over 12,000 reactions in Real-timePCR in 2.5 hours or over 110,000 reactions in an 8 hour day?
- You could do ALL OF THIS ON 1 PLATFORM!!!
Learn about new technology that facilitates Real-time PCR-based applications on a state-of-the-artnanofluidic plate, running up to 3,072 reactions in parallel. Flexible formats scaled to research needs enable the rapid analysis of tens to hundreds of genes or gene products across hundreds to tens of thousands of samples, for common applications such as:
- Genotyping as part of a drug / therapeutic discovery pipeline.
- SNP QC and screening.
- DigitalPCR for rare allele detection.
- MicroRNA profiling.
- Biomarker confirmation and screening.
- Gene expression quantification.
- GWAS follow-up studies
- SNP sample tracking for biobanking.
- SNP fingerprinting for ancestry.
- Marker assisted selection (MAS).
- Quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping.
- Pathogen Detection.
Refreshments will be served; no RSVP required.
For more information please contact your Life Technologies Instrument Rep, Shelina Folsom at (407) 782-0693.