- This event has passed.
Workshop: 16S metagenomics and Ampliseq™ targeted sequencing in the Ion Torrent
July 30, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM$250 - $400
July 29-31, 2014
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Tues & Wed.)
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Thurs.)
ICBR, University of Florida, Room 184
2033 Mowry Road, Gainesville, FL 32601
The goal of this hand’s-on workshop is to provide the fundamentals of library construction and data analysis for 16S metagenomic sequencing and AmpliSeq™ targeted sequencing using the Ion Torrent Personal Genome Machine (PGM). The workshop is designed for users who are new to Next Generation Sequencing, but all users are welcome.
- Build a 16S metagenomics library from an environmental sample using the new Ion 16S Metagenomics Kit
- Build an AmpliSeq™ Cancer Hotspot v2 library.
- Learn the basics of Ion Torrent Sequencing technology and data quality assessment.
- Hands-on classroom Bioninformatic instruction for 16S and Targeted Sequencing data analysis using Torrent Suite and Ion Reporter Software packages. (Bring your own laptop.)
Attendance on all three days is required and included in the total price.
- The registration fee for UF students, faculty, and staff is $250.
- The registration fee for Non-UF government and non-profit customers is $300.
- The registration fee for Non-UF commercial customers is $400.
The deadline for registration/cancellation is 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 14, 2014 .
Questions regarding registration and payment procedures should be directed to ICBR-myICBR@ad.ufl.edu.
Registration is limited to the first 12 participants.