Hurricane Season Preparation
- HurCon 4 – A tropical depression, storm or hurricane with potential to impact any part of Florida.
- HurCon 3 – A tropical storm or hurricane watch including any part of Alachua County.
- HurCon 2 – A tropical storm or hurricane warning including any part of Alachua County. UF Closure may occur.
- HurCon 1 – A tropical storm or hurricane of any category expected to impact any part of Alachua County within 24 hours. UF Closure likely to occur.
UF Closure – Anytime UF Campus officially closes due to tropical weather. This is announced via the UF web page and the UF emergency notification system (text messaging, etc.).
Essential personnel – Any person required or allowed by the Director to be present at ICBR during a UF Closure. All essential personnel must be registered with UPD prior to close of business or at the time essential activities are necessary. Non-essential personnel are not permitted at ICBR during a UF Closure.
Emergency Evacuation Plan for Administration
Outline the steps to take and identify responsible parties of each in the event of 30-minute notice for an emergency evacuation lasting 3-4 days.
- Personal safety is the first concern. Do not do anything to endanger yourself or anyone else.
- ICBR business operations are secondary to personal safety.
|2.||Notify Greg to lock doors||Brandi||Heather|
|3.||Change 8030 voice mail message||Receptionist||Brandi|
|4.||Change email auto-reply messages||Everyone|
|5.||Change direct line voice mail messages||Everyone|
|6.||Post laminated sign on two main entry doors||Chris||Receptionist|
|7.||Close and lock all office and cabinet doors||Everyone|
|8.||If time, update website||Chris||CI|
|9.||If time, update myICBR, iLab (or similar) announcements||iLab: Nadia
|10.||Shut down computers (optional)||Everyone|
*These steps are listed in priority order. Only do as many as can be safely accomplished before the deadline to evacuate or personal safety is jeopardized.