Now Offering Human Cell Line Authentication
Human cell line authentication (CLA) service is now available at ICBR. Confirm your cells’ identity and purity, saving time, data and funds.
Cell line authentication is required by many journals, including Cancer Research, Cell Biology International, Nature journals and many more.
Authenticate cells during key project milestones or hurdles:
- Acquisition of new cell lines
- New project initiation
- Inconsistent results and cell behavior
- Prior to publication
- Prior to freezing
How cell lines are authenticated:
- Analysis by Short Terminal Repeat (STR) profiling (PCR-based method) is the gold-standard
- Deliver sample to the Sanger Sequencing core in CGRC
- STR analysis is performed using GenePrint 10 STR System
- Results returned within 5 business days
- Search the ATCC STR database and compare results
Image above: Example STR Profile provided to customers to verify cell lines
For more information or to authenticate your cells, contact the Sanger Sequencing core, ICBR-SangerSeq@ad.ufl.edu.