Quick Turnaround Whole Genome Sequencing
The Pacific Biosciences (PacBio) Single Molecule, Real-Time Sequencing (SMRT) system is the ideal tool when looking for a fast and complete genome sequence of prokaryotic organisms. Although many genomes have been sequenced at ICBR before, the PacBio SMRT system now provides for whole genome sequencing of microorganisms in considerably less time and with more complete results than other technologies.
Investigators should take note of the capability to sequence and annotate bacterial or viral genomes in their entirety in such a short amount of time. In addition to a quick turnaround for your project, accuracy and error correction is a priority on this system, with 100x coverage of the genome. PacBio SMRT system highlights include:
- Frequent software updates
- Updated enzymes & chemistry
- Superior base pair read lengths
- 100x coverage, providing error correction and accuracy to the final results
- Fast results
To complement your research, these steps should be taken:
- Contact the NextGen DNA Sequencing core laboratory for more information or to get a project started, ICBR-NextGenSeq@ad.ufl.edu.
- Sample Submission Guidelines
- Become a Customer OR
- Login if already established, myICBR